- If you have any difficulty in clearing your mind of the distractions of daily life, sit for a few seconds with your fingertips of right hand lightly touching the finger tips of left hand. This will automatically balance your energies.
- Place the tip of your index finger on the base of the thumb, gently press the thumb on index finger—this mudra sedates restless and anxious mind, calms overcharged nervous system and relaxes spastic muscles
- Hold your index finger with all the fingers of the opposite hand, wrapping them around it for 1 minute feeling the energy pulse. Switch to the other side and hold for 1 minute. This helps to calm anxious mind.
- Emotional Stress Release – Whenever you are under pressure, hurt or shocked, take the emotional edge off by holding your ‘Oh my God’ points.
The ESR technique activates reflexes which bring sufficient blood to the frontal lobes of the brain. When we are in fight or flight response the blood gets diverted to occipital area where alarm and vigilance responses take place. By diverting the blood to frontal area we tend to find new ways of looking at old problems, new possibilities and alternative solutions.
Put your finger tips over your forehead, above your eyebrows. Keep them there while you think through the problem. This short circuits the classic stress response.
Healthy Immune System
- Place your left thumb over left ring finger nail ( this helps to clear the chest). Place your right hand over your left shoulder close to the neck (this revitalizes ascending energy) Bring knees together so that their inner sides touch (this revitalizes descending energy) Repeat on right side.
- Flush Spleen and Kidney meridians (once backward and 3 times forward)
- Join together the tips of thumb, the ring finger and the little finger and hold for few minutes. You can do this in both hands at the same time.
- Keep one hand on the belly button,
- with the other hand rubbing inner ends of collar bones for 20 seconds. Look right and left
- with the other hand rubbing above upper lip and below lower lip for 20 seconds. Look up and down
- with the other hand rubbing the tip of the tail bone for 20 seconds. Look in a mirror
All the above – 10 repetitions each/ three times a day
- Take a break from reading or working on the computer – swing your eyes side to side on the page of the book or swing the cursor on the screen of your computer while looking at it once every hour.
Look far ahead and then look the closest point in front of you- repeat a few times
- Blink while you trace the edges of the book or screen of the computer clockwise and counter clockwise for half minute each side. Relaxes your eyes from stress of fixation.
- Place the tip of your ring fingers to base of your thumbs and bring gentle pressure on ring fingers. Hold for a couple of minutes. Improves vision by increasing fire element in the body.